Who are we?
TGV Cinemas a wholly owned subsidiary of Tanjong Public Limited Company. Since inception in 1995, TGV Cinemas has grown to become one of Malaysia’s premier film exhibition companies and established its name as a pioneer of cinema industry and owner of premier multiplexes in Malaysia.
We strive to improve every day to ensure our customers have the best time and leave with fond memories only to return for more exciting cinematic experience. We have a dedicated team behind these screens who are committed to make you smile! We refurbished some of our flagship locations to give it a fresh look, mainly to adopt a more welcoming, vibrant, contemporary ambiance. Some of the cinema halls were redesigned and renovated to maximise the space.
Aside from the facelift, TGV Cinemas is 100% digital. Cinema-goers can enjoy unmatched brightness, sharpness and superior images in high definition contents such as films, documentaries and other alternative content in superior quality.
Not forgetting, our signature caramel popcorns is delicious. A regular popcorn is never enough, you will crave for more, don’t say we didn’t warn you!
Where are we located?
We are located in 34 multiplexes with 268 screens and more than 45,000 seats all over Malaysia including major shopping centres in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Perak, Penang, Johor, Terengganu and Sarawak.
How are we different?
Bigger screens, better sound, fun activities for all ages at an affordable price is what we are all about. TGV Cinemas caters to a wide variety of audience:
1) IMAX - Through TGV Cinemas exclusive partnership with IMAX Corporation, we introduce a truly immersive cinematic experience, allowing movie-goers to enjoy blockbuster movies like never before. If you admire crystal clear images coupled with massive screens and impeccable digital sound system, we promise this will create a unique environment for you.
Available in TGV Cinemas Gurney Paragon (Penang), TGV Cinemas Tebrau (Johor Bahru) , TGV Cinemas 1 Utama (Selangor) and TGV Cinemas Sunway Pyramid(Selangor) with three more on its way in KL and East Malaysia.
2) INDULGE - If you prefer a personalized and exclusive experience for a special occasion, we suggest this comfortable luxury hall equipped with a snuggly blanket and reclining seat.
Available in TGV Cinemas 1 Utama & Sunway Velocity.
3) Beanie - is Malaysia’s first innovative concept cinema, which features colourful bed size beanbags (as opposed to seats or bed). Try this if you would kick off your shoes and relax with a cosy ambiance.
Available in TGV Cinemas Gurney Paragon (Penang) , TGV Cinemas Tebrau (Johor Bahru), TGV Cinemas 1 Utama(Selangor) and TGV Cinemas Sunway Pyramid(Selangor), TGV Suria KLCC (Kuala Lumpur), TGV 1st Avenue Mall ( Penang), TGV Bukit Indah (Johor Bahru), TGV Setiawalk (Puchong)
4) LUXE - If you appreciate spacious and comfortable seats with wider leg room and added plush twin seats equipped with privacy wings for those who value their space.
Available in TGV Cinemas 1 Utama (Selangor) and TGV Cinemas Sunway Pyramid (Selangor)
5) Chill*X - While waiting for your movie to start? You could dine or grab a quick delicious bite at our very own F&B outlet.
Available in TGV Cinemas Gurney Paragon, TGV Cinemas Sunway Pyramid and TGV Cinemas 1 Utama
For updates about upcoming events and promotions, please follow TGV Cinemas on Facebook, Twitter, LINE or Instagram.